Welcome to The Law Office of Todd M. Weiss
One of the most difficult and emotionally challenging aspects of a divorce is child custody. I will guide and assist you throughout this complicated process. My main concern is ensuring that decisions are made with the best interest of the child in mind. The court also takes this approach, using 12 individual factors to make a "best interest" decision. Those factors include:
- The love, affection, and other emotional ties existing between the parties involved and the child.
- The capacity and disposition of the parties involved to give the child love, affection, and guidance and to continue the education and raising of the child in his or her religion or creed, if any.
- The capacity and disposition of the parties involved in providing the child with food, clothing, and medical care or other remedial care recognized under the laws of this state in place of medical care, and other material needs.
- The length of time the child has lived in a stable, satisfactory environment, and the desirability of maintaining continuity.
- The permanence, as a family unit, of the existing or proposed custodial home or homes.
- The moral fitness of the parties involved.
- The mental and physical health of the parties involved.
- The home, school, and community record of the child.
- The reasonable preference of the child, if the court considers the child to be of sufficient age to express a preference.
- The willingness and ability of each of the parties to facilitate and encourage a close and continuing parent-child relationship between the child and the other parent or the child and the parents (assuming a relationship with each parent is good for the child).
- Domestic violence, regardless of whether the violence was directed against or witnessed by the child.
- Any other factor considered by the court to be relevant to a particular child custody dispute.
I fully understand how sensitive these cases are and am dedicated to fighting for the best interests of both you and your child[ren]. Contact my office to discuss your child custody needs.
Todd M. Weiss, B.A., J.D., 4489 W. Walton Boulevard, Waterford, Michigan 48329
E-mail: email@example.com Telephone number (248) 674-4647